Here is the list of the belts and the levels they represent in order of low to high.
• White Belt with one stripe
• White Belt with two stripes
• Purple with one stripe
• Brown with one stripe
• Brown with two stripes
• First Dan
• Second Dan
• Third Dan
• Forth Dan
• Fifth Dan
• Sixth Dan
In order to progress, you are required to carry out a grading. This is similar to a presentation, where you can showcase your skills and knowledge. You will learn these skills through regular training during lessons.
Gradings take place monthly.
You must bring your membership and grading book along with you when you are grading.
In order to achieve the following grades, you must commit to:
• A minimum of 3 months and with a minimum of 20 lessons in between grades up to 3rd Kyu.
• A minimum of 6 months with a minimum of 40 lessons to grade for 2nd and 1st Kyu.
• A minimum of 1 year with a minimum of 80 lessons to grade for 1st Dan.
• 2 years to 2nd Dan, 3 years to 3rd Dan and so on.